Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Brotha Lynch Hung has a New Video Out and It's "Really Controversial"
Brotha Lynch Hung is easily one of 100 Grand on My Wrist's favorite rappers of all time and he recently released his first song and music video off the forthcoming Mannibalector.
Here are my academic notes on the video:
- LOL at the video starting off with a Strange Music advisory that is like "we wanted to censor this video, because it is too edgy, but we DIDN'T, so, like, prepare yourself!" I am frightened...
- OMG there is a woman tied up AND fake blood?!?! They should have warned me more at the beginning, I can't handle this!
- Brotha Lynch has crazy eyes that make me feel very uncomfortable.
- The rapping on this song is really tight. Is it just me or do rappers in general rap slower than they used to? Brotha Lynch has always had an above-average-speed rapping that sounds great.
- This video had over 100K views on youtube after only two days. That is awesome and proof enough that Brotha Lynch moving to Strange Music was a good move. Before signing with them he was putting out horrible bootleg mixtapes that were universally hated and now he is getting more national attention than ever before.
- I feel bad for the video girl who had to be tied up and covered in fake blood. I imagine her agent/boyfriend was like "Good news! You are going to be the star of this popular rappers' next video!" And then she got to the video shoot and immediately recognized this was not going to be a good time, but was like "well this coke habit is not going to pay for itself!"
- "Fans" of Brotha Lynch like to complain about the beat selection of his albums since signing on with Strange Music, but honestly they sound like a more polished version of what he was working with before signing with them. Let's just thank the Lord he is not rapping over cheesy electric guitar beats like Tech N9ne
- This song is rad as fuck and I like it a lot. At the same time I fully appreciate that this type of music will not be some people's cup of tea and if so, congratulations! You are a normal, well-adjusted individual! Have fun not being a fuck up in life.
Mannibalector drops February 5th and is the conclusion to the trilogy of albums telling some dark story that I have not really followed at all (concept albums are for gross nerds that look like this). When you were a kid listening to Pink Floyd weren't you always just like "I don't really care about this deep and meaningful album concept, I just want to hear some sweet jams." That is how I feel about the last two Brotha Lynch Hung albums and hopefully the new one has less skits and more rapping about eating people.
What do you think of this song/video?
When you saw it were you all like:
Are you excited to hear Mannibalector?
Is it just me or is Mannibalector really difficult to spell?